What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Gecko Eyes Cruise Saigon - Phnom Penh - A combination of Cambodia trip and Mekong Vietnam trip. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, explore Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets, and visit the famous temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Let's take your luggage and join us!
- Join exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta with fantastic scenery
- Understand daily life of Mekong people such as drying exotic fruits and building ships
- Have an interesting trip to Phnompenh to discover Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Size : 14 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: 1 double bed or 2 twin bedsShow more
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Includes Taxes & Fees
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
Easy & fast checkout
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- A/C private transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Road transfer from Saigon
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Public speed boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Shuttle service from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel in Chau Doc (Victoria Hotel superior room or ** Hotel double room)
- Transfer from the hotel in Chau Doc to the jetty for the public speed boat
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Drinks (except for breakfast)
- Dinner in Chau Doc on the second evening
- Visa fee for Cambodia (you can get a visa for Cambodia at the border crossing where the speed boat stops for immigration; for this you need to bring 45 USD and a passport scan)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Panorama River Cruise
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel in Saigon by shuttle bus and then take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your wooden river cruise vessel around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cozy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong River. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the Mekong river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
Disembark the boat at around 11.00 — 11.30h on the pier and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Sit back in the shuttle (bus or car) and watch the water landscape from a land perspective until you reach Chau Doc where we bring you to your hotel. Depending on your budget you can choose the famous colonial-style Victoria hotel (superior room) or a family managed local 2-star hotel.
Meals: B, L
- Day 3: Across the border towards Cambodia
We transfer you to the pier where you embark the speed boat for an exciting ride to Phnom Penh, your starting point for discovering Cambodia and the famous temples of Angkor Wat.
The trip ends here. Please contact us if we can help you organise your tour to Angkor or any further trips. Of course we will also be happy to arrange your transfer back to Saigon.
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
13 Mar 2014
We toured a local tour company several companies and applied for approx. 800 yen at the cheapest place. It was ok by the previous day application. We picked you up at the hotel by bus and other tourers got on at each hotel and became a multinational lively tour. The details of the tour are the same as what you are writing. Even cheap, I enjoyed it all day without problems. Is it supposed to be rich if it is a tour only for Japanese people? Since there were only backpackers, no chips were required. I think that there is nothing to repeat, but once I visited it I felt there was no loss. Returned also sent me properly to the hotel.
13 Mar 2014
The Mekong is a must for all when touring Southern Vietnam. The laid back put-put sound from the long boats, the wide river and the different way many people live off it create a relaxing ambiance that is of huge contrast to Ho Chi Minh. It has the usual tourist traps, without persistent salespeople - which is refreshingly different to the markets in Ho Chi Minh. The families that live on the islands make a living out of the tourists but they do it in such a natural and relaxed way that you buy lollies and snacks knowing you can't take them through customs anyway - just to support them because you want to. The food is very authentic, not to be eaten because it's served from fabulous chefs, but because it's made and served by ordinary and lovely people etching a living in an honest way. While I was on Unicorn Island I got to handle a large python, called Michael Jackson (don't ask me why). We met a family that owned a floating fish farm and got to feed their fish. Talk about a relaxed existence. By the end of the day we were sad to leave but far better for having the experience.