What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
During this tour, you take a trip on the Saigon River aboard a luxury speedboat, cycle through villages, plantations, green rubber forest and explore the Cu Chi Tunnels, a small sample of the immense network of tunnels during the US-Vietnam conflict. Please come and join us
- A great opportunity to explore the famous Cu Chi Tunnels by boat and bicycle
- Trip to see agricultural landscapes and the daily life of Southern Vietnamese people
- Cycling trip through peaceful villages, and the countryside covered by the rubber forest
- 1 Light Breakfast 1 Lunch
- Car, Speed Boat
- Price Includes
- Meal: lunch
- All entrance fees
- Hotel transfer, van
- English-speaking guide
- Speedboat from/to Saigon
- Bike and helmet during the bike trip
- FOC: cold towers, refreshments and local fruits
- Price Excludes
- Gratuity, tips
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Cu Chi Tunnels Full Day Tour by boat & bike
7:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier at District 1.
7:20am: Depart Saigon by speedboat. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle. A light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee (Ca phe sua da) is served, as your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
8:50am: Arrive at Cu Chi, top quality Merida, Trek or Giant mountain bikes with helmets are ready for you to start the exciting road trip of 25 to 30 km. Guided by well English spoken biker, you will ride the back roads and hidden dirt trails to escape the crowds and bus tourists and to see the real Southern Vietnam. You will have a light snack after finishing a half of the cycling trip.
12:30pm: Explore Cu Chi Tunnels, which includes weapon and booby trap exhibitions, navigating authentic Viet Cong tunnel system, visiting different underground bunkers (kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunitions etc.), a firing range and much more. Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years.
13:30pm: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at Truong Lac restaurant.
14:30pm: Depart Cu Chi and return to Ho Chi Minh City by air conditioned van.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
27 Feb 2019
This was a really good day. Our guide Phat was really friendly and kept us safe and away from lots of traffic - so don't worry. We learnt and saw many new things and riding through the rice fields and seeing the village markets were special. Learning more about that terrible conflict when visiting the tunnels was sobering. Lunch was excellent . You won't regret this.
14 Sep 2017
Our guide Yen took care of us for a great day of local Vietnamese life, explaining not only all the points along the way like rice paper making, rubber plantations and of course the stories behind the tunnels, but also answered all of our questions about Vietnam and the Vietnamese in an entertaining and informative way. The bikes were great, the riding course just long enough yet not too hard to get a sense of a slower pace of life. The stops along the way gave us a glimpse of local family life. Safe and a lot of fun, we highly recommend this tour!
09 Mar 2017