What you’ll get
Duration : 2.5 hours
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family with kids, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
Cuisine is an important part of travel these days, and trying the street food is an interesting experience. It's fresh, fast, cheap and a great way to crack into the local scene. Join this Hanoi street food tour to source the best street eats from markets, food carts, street café,…
- Stroll through hidden alleyways and bustling markets of Hanoi’s charming old quarter
- Discover more about Hanoi’s unique food culture
- Observe spectacular night view of Hoan Kiem lake from a secret café
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Tasting local side dishes
- Pickup at hotels in the Old Quarters
- Tour activities as stated in the itinerary
- Price Excludes
- Extra food and drinks
- Tips and other personal services
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Package Travel
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare
- Hanoi afternoon street food walking tour
18:00PM The local tour guide will pick you up at your hotel in the Old Quarter and start the evening street food tour on foot - eat like a local.
Depending on your location, the start/ending of the tour can be different. However, you will have chance to taste some of the most famous dishes of Hanoi people, described as "Hanoi style fast foods". Your local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. Many delicious dishes are waiting for your tasting in the Old quarters. Here are some examples:
- Thit xien nuong or nem chua ran (grilled meat on stick/fried fermented pork roll)
- Banh cuon or Banh goi (spring rolls/ Pillow cake)
- Banh My Hanoi (bread with grilled meats and vegetables)
- Pho ga or bun doc mung or bun cha (chicken noodles/noodles with pork and "doc mung"/Kebab rice noodles)
- Drink: local bear or smoothie or mixed fruits or egg coffee.
At the end of the trip, free to continue exploring the area or take a taxi (or just walk) back to your hotel. Tour ends around 20.30
- Transport: by foot
- Special request (diet, vegetarian, allergy ...): should be sent before departure date
- Hotel is located outside the Old Quater, please meet tour guide at : 79 Ly Nam De Street, Cua Dong Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Itinerary: can be slightly changed due to weather, traffic and operating conditions and will be reconfirmed upon confirmation. Tour guides will try their best to ensure the great experience for travelers.
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
13 Jan 2019
The guide was an exceptional guide she showed us where and how the locals eat, entertained the group and gave us a lot of insight on day to day living and eating in Hanoi. One of the best food tours that I have taken. Thank you!
08 Jan 2019
03 Jan 2019
22 Dec 2018
Dip your taste buds into the life of a local by pulling up a small plastic chair on the sidewalk and enjoying Vietnamese delicacies including green papaya salad and bang mi (a meatball sandwich in a freshly-baked mini baguette) among others. The night is topped off with an "egg coffee" (tastes like tiramisu) in one of Hanoi's oldest coffee shops. In a word...YUMMY!
27 Oct 2018
The tour consisted of about 6 local foods, a desert, and a local coffee shop. The tour guide was nothing short of amazing. She was able to answer every single question without the use of the internet. She picked us up personally and brought us to the one other person who was also taking the tour. It was a very personal type of tour with only the four of us (including the guide). I would definitely recommend it!