What you’ll get
Duration : 4 days 3 nights
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, friends, couples, solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
This trip offers a great opportunity to see the two area of outstanding natural beauty; the Northwest highlands of Mai Chau and the limestone mountains of Ninh Binh. Biking is a great way to see this fascinating and visually stunning part of Vietnam, offering both physical activity and the unique opportunity to observe a way of life that has changed little over the centuries. As we ride in Mai Chau we encounter Muong and White Thai minorities and are guests in their traditional stilt houses allowing us to see firsthand how these minority peoples live. In Ninh Binh we explore the beauty of “Halong Bay on the rice fields” on bikes
- See mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies
- Explore the beauty of “Halong Bay on the rice fields” , row boat trip in Tam Coc
- Visit the two area of outstanding natural beauty; the North West highlands of Mai Chau and the limestone mountains of Ninh Binh
- 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- First-aid kit
- Support vehicle
- Homestay permission
- Helmet & biking gloves
- English speaking guide
- High-end Mountain bikes
- Hotel (twin shared room)
- Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Tips & Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Bike to Buoc Village
Pick up at hotel in Hanoi at 08.00AM then drive southwest to Mai Chau, the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop en route for refreshment. Upon arrival in Mai Chau we have a lunch stop in Pom Coong, a village of Thai ethnic minority. We will have lunch in a local house. After lunch, we embark on a biking on village road to Buoc, a village of Thai minority group. We will have dinner and overnight in a traditional stilt-house of a Thai family.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Bike on back road to Mai Chau
Breakfast in the home stay and then we start biking on beautiful country road through scenic villages of Thai minority. We will have lunch in a local house in Xo village. After lunch we continue riding to Pom Coong village. Dinner and overnight in Pom Coong Village.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh
Breakfast and free at leisure to cycle around in the Mai Chau valley or shopping for Thai handmade fabric. Lunch in Mai Chau. After lunch we drive to Ninh Binh. Stop on the way for a beautiful ride through countryside. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Ninh Binh – Hanoi
Biking from the hotel to Hoa Lu, the first capital of Vietnam date back from 8th century. Visit the temples and climb some hundred steps to the top of a mountain for a great view over the “Halong Bay on the rice field”. After here we bike through an amazing area of limestone mountains uprising on rice paddies. After 1hr riding we reach Tam Coc. Lunch in local restaurant and then enjoy an interesting rowing boat trip on river to explore the Halong Bay on the rice paddies. Drive back to Hanoi. Trip concludes.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
8.9Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
10 Feb 2019
Wow such an amazing tour with our guide. He was very knowledgeable and so friendly. The bike ride was so fun and relaxing definitely must do. The mountain trek to the cave was also incredible. The views were stunning
26 Oct 2017
We took a day tour fom Hanoi to Mai Chau. It's a vey beautiful place so different from other areas we have seen in Vietnam. Moving around in the area on bikes was very nice, and it really gave us time to stop and look at the beautiful stilthouses, ricefields and butterflies. But the trip from Hanoi is a quite long, so the trip longer 3 days which will be better