What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30MTS13
Mien Tay Cruise will bring you to explore the unique and colorful life on Mekong Delta. We will cruise in numerous small canals and arroyos to experience the daily life of local people along the riverbeds: floating markets, orchards, local school and fruit production factories. Especially, you will have a good chance to take a morning walk along the banks of Mekong River and find yourself lost in the beauty of Mekong Delta and local culture in each village.
- Explore the most interesting destinations in Mekong Delta: Cai Be, My Tho, Sa Dec
- Walk for visiting a handicraft village of the local people then sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits
- Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- All entrance fees
- English or French speaking guide on board
- Transfer Saigon - Cai Be, Sa Dec - Saigon
- Boat cruising featured in the program in details
- Walking or biking tour up to health’s situation of clients
- All meals as mentioned (L=lunch, D=dinner, B= breakfast) and overnight on board
- Price Excludes
- Tourist insurances
- Personal expenses and any service not mentioned in the Inclusion.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: HCMC - Cai Be - Sa Dec
08h00am: Pick-up at hotel in Ho Chi Minh city center
10h00am: arrive Cai Be, small motor boat trip to explore the lively Cai Be floating market in the morning.
Walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people and sample various tropical fruits.
Continue boat trip to Mekong Lodge – an eco-resort Mekong Lodge includes more than 40 private pretty bungalows and River View Restaurant, stretched in an area of more than 10.000 m2 lays just beside the Tien River.
Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families.
Embark Mien Tay sampan, welcome drink and check in Mien Tay sampan.
Lunch served on board.
After lunch, cruise depart from Cai Be to Sa Dec via My Thuan, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river. Up to river tide, stop en route to visit brickyard handricarft villages a long the Mekong River.
Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif .
Dinner and overnight on board in Sa Dec.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mien Tay Sampan
- Day 2: Sa Dec - Disembark
Breakfast on board while seeing activities on Mekong River in Sa Dec in the sunrise.
08h00 disembark and check out luggages, let them on vehicle and start excursion to visit Sa Dec town where Marguerite Duras's famous novel Lover was set and made famous by the film L’Amant, the Marguerite Duras story and explore this town.
Visit the lively Sa Dec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras, Huynh Thuy Le Old House, Kien An Cung, Cao Dai Temple.
Visit a local garden by walking or biking along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields & orchards.
Lunch at restaurant or on boat
10h30 Check-out, then return Saigon by car. END TOUR.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 2 reviews
Value for money10.0
18 May 2014
When our hotel offered this package tour, we didn't expect any adventures here other than sailing thru one of the longest rivers in the world, the Mekong. We're wrong. First, we boarded a long-tail boat and headed to honey bee farm for some demonstration on honey bees and Vietnamese honey tea tasting. You also get to mingle with some village folks here with their workshops selling indigenous products. As you go around, you'll find exotic fruits like the durian. You will be served with platters of local fruits like dragon fruit and ripe mangoes accompanied by live local music and dance. Then on to sampan boat ride, the loveliest part of this Mekong trip. You pass thru narrow canals with canopy of palms and beautiful mangroves. Drop by a coconut candy factory and try their numerous sweets. Thenafter, ride on a horse-driven cart to a sumptuous lunch in a nearby village. Finally, board on a motorized small boat coasting thru small water channels back to Mekong River. Awesome trips in this southern part of Vietnam.
18 Mar 2014
The Mekong River Cruise was wonderful. We loved having our own small boat to travel around the Mekong Delta. We traveled through the small canals and saw fishermen and the way local people live. We got to see coconut candy being made which was also interesting. On the same day, we went to a place for lunch that served elephant ear fish that turned out to be delicious albeit not too pretty to look at! Besides that, we took a horse and buggy ride through a small village. The day was relaxing and pretty much free of tourists. We loved it!