What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Sapa
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends
Type : Land tour
This private day trek departs from Sapa, Vietnam and will take you through the breath-taking and beautiful surrounding valleys and up along the Den Thang Mountains. You’ll discover the spectacular Hoang Lien mountain range and have a memorable journey meeting the locals, experiencing the unique culture of Hmong people.
- Explore villages of the Black H'mong people: Sau Chua and Sa Seng, Hang Da village
- Have opportunity to take great view of Muong Hoa Valley with stunning rice terraced fields
- Understand culture and local life of the Black H'mong with rudimentary houses, stone wall around houses
- 1 Lunch
- Shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Picnic Lunch
- Sightseeing fees
- English- speaking guide
- Full transportation as tour program indicated
- Price Excludes
- Surcharge for New Year, Luna New Year, Christmas
- Personal expenses
- Emergency transfer
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Sapa hotel - Sau Chua and Sa Seng - Hang Da Village - Hau Chu Ngai - Pho Village - Sapa
Be ready at your hotel in Sapa at about 09:00am, our local guide and driver for a short road transfer along of main road northeastwards to the starting point of trekking. Hiking uphill on a rocky path for 2 hours along the narrow valley which runs between two high mountains passing two villages of the Black H'mong people: Sau Chua and Sa Seng.
The H'mong people here have just recently changed their living way from swidden cultivation style into the sedentary one. So there are still a lot traces of the past time can be seen: rudimentary houses, stone wall around houses... Lunch break in the village.
After lunch, we continue along the same trail gradually uphill the Den Thang mountain for an hour to Hang Da Village of the H'mong which sits at 1,800m height and over looking down the Muong Hoa Valley. Paying visit to several local houses.
Leaving Hang Da and enjoy easy walk on high elevation for half an hour which offers great view of Muong Hoa Valley until arriving to Hau Chu Ngai, another village of the Black H'mong. This portion of the trek offers chances for taking the best photos of landscapes.
Getting downhill for another hour along a dirt track to Pho Village at the center of Hau Thao Commune. You will be picked up from here to get back to Sapa.
- If you want this tour from Hanoi, please contact us
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
14 Jan 2019
We spent a fabulous day from Sapa town to the village and beyond. We was spent seeing amazing views, having a great lunch and perfect nature. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area as she has been here all her life. She cares so much about what she does you can tell she really enjoys it. Everything was perfect from start to finish. If we ever get back to this beautiful area we will book another trek with her
07 Jul 2018
I have just returned from a one day trek. I am 61 years old and Mu tailored the route to suit my fitness level. I learned so much about the local cultures. It is a day I will not forget and one of the best experiences I have had in Vietnam. Thank you Mu