What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family, Friends, All off people
Type : Land tour
Handicraft villages are an exciting point of culture that can not be missed during the travelers’ discovery of Vietnamese culture. This trip will enable the tourists to have a good look at and experience various handicraft villages from the pottery village of Bat Trang, the traditional painting village of Dong Ho to the silk village of Van Phuc.
- Exciting point of culture(handicraft villages)
- Visiting interesting places( pottery village of Bat Trang, village of Van Phuc )
- 1 Lunch
- A/C shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- Local lunch
- Entrance fees
- Round trip transfer
- English speaking guide
- Tours and activities as stated above
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Extra food and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Bat Trang - Dong Ho - Van Phuc
In the morning, tour guide and driver will pick you up at the hotel at 8:00 to start a spectacular trip to the most famous traditional villages in Vietnam. Many visitors have been seduced by rich in handcraft products which are made dexterous, hardworking and creative qualities of the Vietnamese people. Villages in the vicinity of Hanoi are the cradle of skilled crafts, folk arts and traditional festivals.
The first stop is the pottery village of Bat Trang to see how the beautiful ceramic products are made. Continue to Dong Ho, famous for its wooden paintings. Local lunch in Dong Ho.
Afternoon tour to Van Phuc, a silk village is a great place to silk cloth being produced on the loom .There is a showroom where you can buy silk by the meter, much more exciting that buying it in the shops. Drop off at your hotel at the end of the day.
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
30 Jan 2019
Stalls and stalls of silk textile and clothes for sale. There are silk accessories for sale as well. If you are a silk lover, you must visit. I was more interested in watching them spin silk thread and weave silk textile. Very interesting. Loved the red silk thread.
05 Jan 2019
28 Dec 2018
My family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) had a great time. The tour guide was very helpful in explaining to us various aspects of Vietnamese tradition and history in ceremic making as well as some of the sights along the way and at the village. We really had an enjoyable time and lunch was just perfect! Certainly recommend this trip if you have some time to spare.
20 Oct 2018
My tour was so nice in Bat Trang ancient - pottery village! So amazing!!! Bat trang is the Ceramic Village in Hanoi which attract me with their own products is made by themselves' hand. This is the most interesting place that people preoccupied with their works. There are a lot of making ceramic places which gave me unforgettable memory that I could make and paint by myself. It's the feeling I am as a ceramic maker. I loved an ancient place which every house and families have many many handicrafts and paintings, which is the most imposing and interesting drawings and products. This is the pride of that villagers who have to do hard works. I've been in ceramic market which really impressed me with the incredible styles, beautiful and colorful ceramics. Highly recommend the tour