What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days
Departure : Hanoi
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Cruise tour
A longer cruise at a relaxed pace with more time to get “off the beaten track” and discover the secrets of Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay, visit fishing villages, explore by tender and experience unforgettable dining.This worthwhile three-day trip on Red Dragon cruise offers the highest quality luxury and comfort as you enjoy wonderful Halong Bay. Cruise with us and have a once in a lifetime experience.
- Visit Vung Vieng fishing village by a rustic row-boat
- Explore magnificent Bai Tu Long Bay with the fascinating formations
- Enjoy short tender trip through the hidden lagoons and geological park in Cong Dam
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||WHAT'S INCLUDES?||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Size : 12 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double/TwinShow more
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
Easy & fast checkout
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Luxury van
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- Cooking class
- Tea & coffee
- Guide on board
- Water puppet show
- Welcoming drink
- Luxury, en-suite cabin with A/C, hot water
- All meals on boat (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Extra drinks
- Tips and Personal expenses
- Transportation Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi (book in next step)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Halong international cruise port - Bai Tu Long - Cong Dam
7.30 – 8.00: Optional pick up at your hotel in Hanoi’s Old Quarter area.
12.00 – 12.30: Embark at Halong international cruise port
12.30 – 13.00: Check-in, enjoy welcome drink & cruise briefing.
13.30 – 15.00: Have lunch while cruising to magnificent Bai Tu Long Bay; admire the fascinating formations.
15.00 – 16.30: Cruise to Cap La, Tra San.
16.30 – 17.30: Enjoy short tender trip to explore the hidden beauty of Halong Bay
17.45 – 19.00: Back to junk for swimming or relaxing.
19.00 – 21.00: Have dinner and overnight on board in Cong Do area.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Red Dragon Cruise
- Day 2: Cap La - Cong Dam - Thien Canh Son Cave
07.30 – 08.00: Morning view of Bay’s landscape with a cup of tea or coffee. Have breakfast in the fresh air.
08.00 – 10:00: Cruise to Cong Dam while discovering geological values of Bai Tu Long Bay.
10:00: Enjoy kayaking through the hidden lagoons and geological park in Cong Dam
12:00: Have BBQ lunch on a wild beach
13:30: Back to junk for relaxing while cruising to Cong Do area.
16:30: Arrive at Hon Co Island to explore the well- hidden Thien Canh Son cave
17:30: Return to the boat and cruise back to Cap La
19:00: Have dinner and overnight onboard
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Red Dragon Cruise
- Day 3: Cap La - Vung Vieng Village - Halong international cruise port - Hanoi
06:45: Have breakfast on board while cruising to Vung Ha area
08:00: Visit Vung Vieng fishing village by a rustic row-boat.
10.00: Check out of the cabin. Start cruising towards the harbor while an A la carte lunch is served.
11:30 – 12.00: Disembark. Drive to Yen Duc village.
14.00 – 14.30: Enjoy water puppet show performed by local artists.
14.45 – 17.30: Arrive in Hanoi. Trip ends.
Meals: B, L
- This itinerary might subject to changes without prior notice. Please get final information from our sales staff before your date of cruise.
- Promotion might apply, inclusions and exclusions might change – you will be informed of changes upon booking.
- October: the cruise only departures on even dates (eg: 2,4,6....)
- November + December: the cruise only departures on odd dates (eg: 1,3,5)
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.8Based on 7 reviews
Value for money
29 Oct 2018
We opted for the 2N3D package for my birthday. The scenery was as pretty as the pictures and the brochures and the staff outdid themselves in making us feel at home. The junk has room for 5 couples and dining is a community activity, but we were lucky enough to have nice co travellers. Andy and Cai went out of their way to be accommodative to all of us. My husband and I were drinking dozens of cups of delicious Vietnamese coffee and Cai obliged us every time, and even showed us the brand they use. I am a non swimmer and had never kayaked before in my life, but Andy made me feel safe and we managed to kayak a total of 4 km around the islands. Big thanks to him for that. The staff gave me a gift on my birthday (as well as to another couple on their honeymoon) and sang for us too! The package also included a beachside bbq and cooking classes as well as visiting the floating villages. I had a terrific birthday :)
20 Oct 2018
My family spent Christmas on the Red Dragon this year, taking the two night/three day package and it was an amazing experience. The boat is the perfect size as it hosts 10 people so you can meet and mingle with new faces without having a big group around you. Our co-travellers were very nice and we all had meals together which felt very homely :)! The boat also goes on a tour of Bai Tu Long Bay which is less visited and more preserved than Halong Bay and i definitely found the trip more peaceful. Finally the staff is so kind, Mr T told us tales about Vietnam, Cai and Hai were nice and entertaining, the chef cooks the most amazing food. A memorable experience!
06 Oct 2018
My wife and I have just been on the Red Dragon Junk and had the most wonderful trip.Mr "T" the guide is very good at his job and has great English language skills. The barman Mr "Cai" is also very friendly and runs a good bar. Quality and quantity of food excellent. The size of Red Dragon with five cabins makes it a lovely size for couples and those who are looking for a more personal experience.
22 Sep 2018
We booked the 3D2N cruise with our family (kids 14, 11 and 8) on the Red Dragon. From the moment we were collected in the luxury van we wanted for nothing. Bottled water was in the van, our host explained what we were doing and the check in at the port was easy while our bags were loaded for us. During the cruise the food was fantastic and plentiful, the staff couldn’t help enough (especially Mr T and Mr Cai) and we loved the kayaking and interacting with the other travellers. It sounds expensive, and it was the big splurge on our trip to Vietnam, but it was totally worth it!
01 Aug 2018
After researching a trip out of Ha Long we (two older adults and our 46-year-old daughter) chose to cruise two nights on Bai Tu Long Bay in the Red Dragon (an Indochina Junk with five cabins) to avoid crowds on board and at sea. There were nine guests on this trip. My wife and I had the forward cabin with a queen and a single, windows on both sides, AC, glass walled shower, wood walls, ceiling, doors and floor. The ship, including its galley were attractive, clean and well maintained. The scenery was jaw-droppingly beautiful and all the more enjoyable with fewer boats than Ha Long Bay. Sea was calm. Excellent multi-course meals were served al fresco on linen. Kayaking, swimming, shore lunch, cave visit and floating fishing villages were enjoyable. Seven crew. Each did his job well. Mr. T (“guide”) and Cai were the two who interacted with us. They were attentive, obviously eager to please and succeeded in making us comfortable. No complaints from any of us - only compliments. Red Dragon on Bai Tu Long Bay met or exceeded expectations.